Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ed Sauce

Ok, I know I am random, but this has relevance so bear with me.  :)  And, I know that the last post was a movie review (of sorts) but this is the last one for a bit...promise. 

When we lived in Lethbridge, we had a family in our ward who loved this movie called Good Burger.  I was unsure what it was, but went on a search for it.  Needless to say, it was SUPER hard to find.  I finally found it on Amazon and just bought it sight unseen.  (plus it was only like $6, although the page I linked here shows it went up a bunch)

When it got to us, we watched it right away.



We laughed so hard.  There are a few jokes that the kids didn't really get, but the movie is stinkin funny. 

Ed really steals the show.  He is totally oblivious to the "real world" and is literally clueless as to how things are done.

This is totally filled with what I call "stupid humor".  I don't know how else to describe it.  In one of the very first scenes you see Ed taking a shower...with ALL of his clothes on.  He never takes his uniform off.  In another you see him "fixing" a milkshake machine by climbing in and turning it on.  He talks to burgers, dogs and everyone that crosses his path.


Ed has a car he uses from Good Burger.  It looks like a burger. 


One day though, Ed finds out that Dexter is quite angry with him as he had caused an accident that made him earn money to pay it off.  (because his mom doesn't know)  While trying to make Dexter like him again, Ed shares his special sauce that ends up saving the whole day. 

This is the whole point of the long ramble about the movie.  (plus I wanted to share it with you)

Every time we have fries, M wants "Ed Sauce".  He will not eat fries without it.  When I lived in Idaho it seemed that everyone ate fries with mayo and ketchup mixed together...so I call it Ed sauce.  He loves it.

I have become strangely addicted to it as well.

Thank you Ed.

We visit a place called 5 Guys Burgers and Fries for dh's burger fix and we tell each other it is a really "good burger"  (even though mine is meatless!)  a phrase often used in the movie. 

We have quite a few family jokes around this movie.  It is funny and our family really enjoys it.

If you ever find this movie, or know someone who has it...or want to borrow mine...Oh boy, be prepared to laugh.  (even my Mom who is not a movie watcher liked it)  It is well worth the effort it takes to find it.  I think I personally have watched it 5 or 6 times!  :)  The boys have practically worn our disk out. 

(it should be noted that in the movie and old man says, "I think I broke my ass".  And a few places it does say that the music "sucks".  It is rated "G" though, and so if you do watch it, there is your warning)

Cheers

3 comments:

Krystal G said...

I think I've heard of this movie before..thanks for the review! Hubs also likes "Ed Sauce". He had it when he was in Salt Lake for his mission...now he makes it every time we have fries at home!

Cassi :) said...

The first time I had ordered fries when I moved to Idaho (from Indiana) the waitress asked me if I wanted fry sauce. I said, "Umm, you mean . . . ketchup??" I was thinking she was trying to sound all fancy. I'd never heard of, much less tasted, 'fry sauce' before. (I put ranch in mine, pretty good)

Amy said...

Mmmm fry sauce. I mixed some mayo in my ketchup just the other day after years of not having it.