Like long time!
So here is a brief pictorial of what we have been up to...and why I was missing for a while.
Weeding a hugemongeous garden takes time. Lots of time! Lucky for us we didn't have a tonne of weeds. Thankful for that!
Exploring new abandoned properties, finding treasures and trees to transplant to our land.
Made some great new Hutterite friends. I went out foraging a few times with them, and they gave me tonnes of canned tomatoes I turned into sauce and salsa.
Making my very first poultices! Exciting no?!
Harvesting things from our huge garden. Onions are so good fresh from the ground!
Making pies!
Planning this year for school.
Drying yet more herbs.
Getting new baby ducks, chickens, and fully grown geese.
Watching how fast our other babies are growing! The black one is still just a baby and is already almost as big as the brown one who is just about a year!
Life has been really busy, but oh so very nice.
Cheers












4 comments:
It sounds like you have been busy! When we become rich (...I can't wait for it to happen! :)) I want to take a field trip to your house. It would fit in perfectly in so many aspects of homeschooling!!
I'm liking Carrie's idea . . . a homeschool field trip to the farm would be excellent! Perhaps someday! :)
It looks like the summer's been not only busy, but fun! :)
Are the boys putting all this fun stuff on their blogs so my girls can see it and be extra excited about the farming we are trying to incorporate?? hehe!
Ummm, that's a lot of pie my friend!!
Post a Comment