If you want my menu plan today I can post it for you...but I just thought I would share this today...
First, I want to thank my dear son GQ for taking all the photos in this post for me. I could not have done some of them so you could see the process so he was invaluable! He did a pretty good job getting everything for me.
A couple days ago I was telling Dh that I wanted a hair cut. I told him it was going to cost him about $50 to get it done for me. Then he jokingly said that he would do it for me. I laughed and shrugged it off.
Then on Saturday he and my son KC went to Priesthood session of General Conference. Dh said as he left, "I expect to see your hair cut by the time I come home." and laughed his way out the door.
I figured I would show him!
So I gathered my stuff. Some spray in conditioner, a hair tie, some scissors (I needed to get some better ones after this photo) and a brush.
Got my "Before" photo, and got my hair nice and wet.
Sprayed in some leave in conditioner and brushed it through. This just helps everything slide through nice and easy.
I bent over and brushed all of my hair upside down into a high pony tail with the hair tie on the end.
This is me deciding that the longest layer might need to be a bit longer...going from long hair to short is sometimes better done in stages!
You then cut right at your hair tie. I cut just below. That way it is nice and even.
And because my son was taking photos, he thought you needed to see this one:
I tossed it all around and brushed it down so I could see what it looked like. This way of cutting it gives you instant layers and blending, it's great.
I figured my last layer and next noticeable layer needed to be closer together so took a bit more off.
It still was not what I wanted so I put a new ponytail in and just chopped that off too.
This is all the hair that was not captured by my hair tie. I was glad I did it over a sink!
When all was said and done, this is what happened.
I know it will be tricky to duplicate, because like my recipes, they are just kind of winging it, but I was happy with my homemade haircut.
When Dh walked in after his meeting he was super impressed. He was so excited and he loves it. I guess that is all that matters right?!
If you have any questions, I can try to answer them for you. :)
Cheers
9 comments:
It looks super cute, Jaime! Well done!
Wish I could say my own 'self-chop' was as good an experience . . . but I talked my dh into cutting my mid-back length hair for me a few months ago. It was driving me bonkers and I wanted it approximately shoulder length so I could go to a hairdresser when we had the funds so they could 'clean it up' . . . except that there must have been so much weight because of the length that once he cut it to where he THOUGHT it should go, the curls sprang up into a barely chin-length 'do . . . LOL That one took some getting used to . . . but within a day I decided I loved it.
Not sure dh will ever cut my hair for me again though! LOL
Oh Kate! Curly hair would have a whole new set of things to think about! :)
Glad you can laugh about it. Sometimes those things make the best stories...
Ha ha- I cut my own hair too! And my family's. You should check this out:
http://www.creaclip.com
It looks like it would really be helpful for some hair cutting.
O my dearest sister...its adorable! You are waayy too brave! I cut hair and I don't even attempt to do my own! I will always fork out the money, hahaha! But good for you...it turned out great. You're the cutest <3
You are amazing! I could not do that. That said, your hair looks GREAT!
You know me, I would LOVE to have your recipe plan.
Brave, so very very brave! Your hair looks great.
You are my kind of girl! I love cutting my own hair. It is a double feeling of accomplishment when it turns out so cute because it was FREE by ME. : )
@ Susan, thanks ever so much. I also 100% agree, the thrifty in me feels so wonderful when I can do something all by myself. :)
VERY Brave.. It does look cute
Post a Comment