Friday, March 30, 2012

Food Storage Friday - Marshmallow Squares

Ok...here is one to fatten your hips (because you just may want to eat it all yourselves and not share at all...or maybe that is just me...)


Marshmallo Squares

24 Arrowroot cookies (or Graham Crackers)
3 C Mini Marshmallows (don't use the colored ones...too many flavors)
1/2 C Broken Pecans
1/2 C Butter
1/2 C Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
Break up your cookies into bite sized pieces.

Combine with Marshmallows and Pecans.

Melt Butter, add sugar and egg.  Bring to nearly a boil, but don't boil.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Pour hot mixture over cookie mixture.  Pat into 9X9 pan.

OK.  Icing time:
1/2 C Butter
4 oz Cream Cheese
Not quite 2 C Icing sugar

Cream them together.
Now here is the part where I change it a bit, you can spread over the squares and call it good.  It certainly is, or you can do like I do, and I start mixing till it all is mixed in nice.  I love it that way.  Little bit of cream cheese all over inside!

Now you are all done.  Put it in the fridge for a bit (however long you can stand it) then try to part with some for your friends.  (true friends after all share!)  And remember...marshmallow are:


so eat lots and feel good about it!

Cheers

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

These are AMAZING! Loved them to bits.

Lynn said...

This is one of those addicting things our family just MUST have!! It's SO easy to take to last minute events too. So yeah....must keep these ingredients in our food storage at all times. lol

Love your idea about mixing IN the glaze with the rest. Yum!!

shauna said...

I'm sorry...I am NOT going to make these. Not ever. (I don't think I would ever STOP making them if I started and that would sort of defeat the purpose of trying to eat healthy.) :)

shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.