This post is one I wrote for Latter-Day Homeschooling.
OK. Dh and I have a little obsession with outdoor things.
We love to be prepared, and in the process of becoming prepared, we tend to do things like make and use survival kits.
This one is one of our favorites in it's simplicity and also in the completeness of including a little of everything.
Here is a list of the contents (and what you can use them for):
Sling Shot ("hunting" small game for eating, a little bit of protection)
Flashlight
Safety Pins (repair or holding things together)
Compass
Fish Hooks (fishing or repair - make shift sewing implements)
Matches
Pepto
Ground Sheet (emergency shelter, poncho, ground cover to sleep on)
Emergency Blanket
Nylon Rope
Flint & Steel (fire making)
Snare Wire (for catching small game, emergency "rope")
Multi Tool
Mirror (signaling)
Fishing line (wrapped on a bobbin from a sewing machine)
Pencil & Tape (with the tape wrapped around the end of the pencil)
Knife
Bungee Cords
Loaf Pan (for everything to fit into)
Bandana (to wrap and carry the loaf pan in)
As you can see, you probably want to learn some skills before you HAVE to rely on something like this.
Here are a couple links that you might enjoy:
Knife Safety Discussion
Snaring
Fishing
Tarp Shelters
My post with a pile of "scouting" links. All broken down into areas of study.
What is your favorite thing to do for survival preparing? I would love to know how your family is preparing yourself in survival. Have fun!
Cheers

1 comment:
I love this! It is nice, compact, and you would use everything! My favorite part is that there is so little space used. It would work for anyone! And I have an extra loaf plan. Thanks!
I love the new look. It's so you but different. Nice to have a change-up!
Post a Comment