Breakfast is always my nemesis.
I hate (with a passion) thinking of things to make for breakfast.
Especially because I am lactose intolerant.
Makes cereal or something like that a little difficult.
Pancakes are yummy, but you can only eat so many pancakes or toast each morning. (or at least I can...I get tired of the same thing over and over and over and over...)
So, these little "pancakes" are a welcome break for me.
Apples are not technically food storage, but if you have a root cellar you can store them for a while into the winter/spring. These would even be good with those wrinkly little apples you may have hiding in the corner of your root cellar!
Apple "Pancakes"
For the pancake batter in a bowl combine:
1 C Flour
1/8 C Sugar (or omit all together)
2 tsp Baking Powder
make a well and add:
2 Eggs
1/4 C Oil
and enough water to make a thick pancake batter.
Cut your Apples (I used 4 large ones) into 1/4 inch slices* and core.
Dip the apple slices into the batter and cook on a non-stick pan until golden brown each side.
Serve with syrup, fruit, yogurt, peanut butter or whatever you like on your pancakes.
Enjoy!
*Note - I love my apples a bit crunchy and these are. If you want them less crunchy I am sure you can cut them a bit thinner...but be careful as they like to break and they would not be circles.
Cheers
5 comments:
Very cool idea Jaime. Thanks for sharing!
I'll have to try it sometime. Not sure what the kids would think. Oh, and just so you know- it says four instead of flour- you might want to fix that. ( : Typos are so pesky, aren't they?
These look SO good! I have to figure out how many points they are worth. The apples are free! haha
By the way.....
If your order THRIVE freeze Dried Apples....it's like having a WHOLE root cellar full of apples without the root cellar. lol.
Seriously. You should try them sometime. They store for up to 30 years with NO problem. It take minutes to rehydrate them and you have a GREAT apple. Just like it was in it's first state freshly picked from the tree. Let me know if you are interested in adding the to your food storage sometime.
Thanks for the recipe! Looks great!
Post a Comment