June 8th
Epcot today again. We wanted to hit the rest of the rides and do the tour of the countries.
We hit The Seas with Nemo and Friends. It was a very fast moving line with the ride cars constantly moving like a conveyor belt on a moving walkway. This was our first experience with these, but found out it was common on a few rides. There was a fun little video that showed where Nemo hides and Marlin goes looking for him. You get to see a few of the favorite characters and see a few real fish as well. (you are under a large tank at the end)
When we were finished we moved upstairs and walked through many tanks of fish. They were amazingly beautiful. We checked out some Manatee's that had been saved after being pretty mangled from some boat propellers. They were being fed when we came in. It was pretty cool. They just threw in some large lettuce heads and the Manatee's ate them whole. They really are just the "cows of the seas".
We wanted to check out "Soarin" so we got fast pass @ 12 (the line was over 90 min for standby) and were to come back at 7pm! :) Good thing they have them.
While we were in that building we went to MY favorite part of the whole trip...
Disney has some amazing greenhouses...did you know that? They do amazing things with hydroponics and aquaculture. It was so cool to see how much they do in these little places. We really wanted to take the tour and learn more, but the price was obscene...over $100 for our family for an hour tour! So I contented myself with buying a book...(we all know I like books)
We would really love to build a greenhouse and grow our own food (all of it if we can). This would be another way to do it and save lots of space.
The Journey into Imagination with Figment was a great little ride. It takes you on a little ride with video(ish) story along the way. We did hit a "smell" place and of course the couldn't make us smell roses, we got a huge blast of skunk! :)
Then we took our tour of the "world".
It was over 91 degrees F today (33C) so we wanted to start somewhere we could go in and use the A/C! On to Mexico. They had a nice little marketplace in the center of a pyramid. It was pretty close to the ones we actually visited in central Mexico. Dh loved the hot sauce selection! They had a nice little ride that made me a bit nostalgic for the "old" show every Sunday night, "Walt Disney World" and they showed cartoons, old movies and whatnot. Anyway, this ride had Donald Duck and the 3 Caballeros. Classic. The boys laughed so hard. Dh and I enjoyed it just as much. It was a nice little boat ride with classic cartoons...what more could I ask for?!
On to Norway where we rode a ride called Malstrom. Very mild up and down waterfalls. We pretended that we were so scared. We think that is funny. I was screaming my way down a waterfall and realized it could sound as if I was really scared. :)
China had a great show in 360 degrees. There was a huge circular screen where they showed a movie about china.
Germany had a whole pile of beer shops...needless to say, we went through there really fast! :)
Italy was a stop for food. We ate at Tutto Italia Ristorante. The food was yummy, but not spectacular, until dessert...
Sad I know, but the best part was that. The tips are killing us now. We were supposed to give $30 for this meal. With the super inflated prices the tips are outrageous! ($20 - $40 per meal)
Sorry to say but we bypassed "The American Adventure". We have been to the states (and both lived there) so many times it was kind of repetitive for us. Sad I know.
Japan was next. I love Japanese style gardening and they had a beautiful garden. Really wonderful shop too. We browsed and found some things we can't get at our favorite import store in Calgary (T&T Market). By this time my poor feet were really rebelling with the humidity by making some huge blisters. Dh found me some amazing looking "Shiatsu" style shoe pads. Massage while I walk...SCORE! Sad though, I couldn't use them my blisters were so bad by then it just hurt.
We stopped in Morocco again because poor dh loved my henna so much he wanted one too. :) The boys except for K wanted one too.
M picked "Faith" for his ankle.
G managed to find a dragon type one called "Strength"
Dh got "goal" on his arm. They were all happy to have some.
We took a boat back across and made our "Soarin" tickets. The one side of rides broke down and as we were waiting for our turn on the other side, I started to feel sick from the heat so I had to sit it out. The rest of them loved the ride though, said it was amazing.
We stayed for Illuminations fireworks tonight. They used 3000 tonnes of Kerosene every night burning all the fire and over 1000 fireworks. All for a 15 min show!
They were beautiful and it was nice to watch.
The transport was obscene though. So many people were making it back to their hotel that the buses were super crowded, I was movin pretty slow so it was me holding them up too.
Tomorrow is more...
Cheers
1 comment:
Wow. The more I read, the more I want to see this place. Talk about amazing stuff all under one "roof". That "world" tour sounds pretty cool itself.
And I am totally shocked by the tip cost on meals. Totally insane! And so was the greenhouse tour. Crazy! I wonder how they came to such a cost. There must be lot's of people paying it for it to keep running like that. Interesting.
Thanks! Keep it coming! ; D
Post a Comment