Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day Seven and Eight

June 9th

Yesterday I started to develop some little bumps on my arms, and this morning they have turned into a blister-like rash.  It itches like crazy and I am wondering if I should get it checked.  (later I decided not to, but in the morning I was very unsure)

We traveled to Magic Kingdom for our adventure today.

I had read that if you take the railroad around the park you had a great view of all the places to visit.  turns out that was WRONG!  :)  We enjoyed the ride, and found out that if we caught the train just right it saved us time.  (but always saved us walking!)  We jumped off at Frontierland and grabbed fast passes to Splash Mountain.  The boys were pretty excited, me?  not so much because silly Mommy wore a white shirt!  :)

We very quickly discovered that Magic Kingdom is very busy, much busier than the other two parks we had been to, but that the lines moved quicker.  We liked that.

As we waited to get onto splash mountain, we saw that Big Thunder Mountain was a fairly short line so we hopped in.  Now, I said before that I am not a big fan of rollercoasters.  Do you see how much I sacrificed for my boys?!  :O  I told them that I was going to scream really loud and then cry like a baby!  It was a "fun" little rollercoaster and dh enjoyed rubbing it in that I held onto the "Oh, Crap!" bar so hard.



Tom Sawyer Island was fun.  It had some signs around that were (misspelled - gasp - says my K who is the spelling police!) pretty funny and fun attractions.  This duck was checking out all the people and hoping for a handout...

After we went over to Splash Mountain. (pretend I said that super excited and happy...sarcastically...)  Another rollercoaster, that was wet...and me in a white shirt that doesn't like rollercoasters... :)

It was a fun little ride through a story about Brer Rabbit.  I enjoyed that part!  Lucky all three boys sat in the front seat, not so lucky was the part that they are short...and we aren't!  At the last drop we all thought we were good to go because we weren't really all that wet...needless to say, the last drop served it purpose to get us TOTALLY wet! 

After, on our way to the Haunted Mansion we caught the "Celebrate A Dream Come True" parade.  The parade was wonderful and it was a great time.  (I just wondered at the message it was sending.  It was all in fun and the kids loved it.  I think that my dreams are bigger than going to Disney...and meeting Mickey Mouse...Just one problem I had.  I loved my time there, and I have always wanted to go there, but all my dreams were not fulfilled with that trip.)

The Haunted Mansion was cool.  There were small children in there that really should not have been there, crying and not happy.  M was concerned asking if they were robots, but then got really into it fake screaming along with us.  The ride broke down a bit and we wondered if we would have to walk out, but they got it going again.


At lunch we found out that the chocolate cake was wonderful! 

I had been taking photos of the castle, trying to get one without people in it and finally got one!  Yay!  It was pretty tricky with so many people walking around.  I am super excited that we didn't go later in the year when it was REALLY busy.


We wanted to check out the Jungle Cruise.  We had heard it was pretty funny.  As we were waiting in line the PA system would come on and there would be funny little announcements like:
"Can I have your attention please? ..... (long pause) ....Thank you."
"Can I have your attention please? .....All line cutters will have their scissors confiscated....Thank you."

We laughed pretty hard.  It kept you pretty entertained.  The ride was funny too.  The tour guide was great with some pretty dry jokes that kept us groaning the whole ride.

We rode the Monorail to Epcot for dinner.

As we walked into the park we found a nice SHORT line on a ride that had previously been REALLY long.  It was great.  It took you on a really basic tour of history.  On the ride down you could answer some questions and it custom made a story staring you!  M and I were in a car together and had a great giggle over our story.

We ate at La Hacienda for dinner.  It was really yummy Mexican food.

On our way out, M finally got his Mickey hands he wanted for three days.  He was super excited to have them.  G got his necklace and his Marionette that he had been wanting.

I got some Aloe with Solarcane for my poor arms.  Instant relief!

I have some wicked blisters on my feet, but I popped those puppies and now I am feeling some relief from that as well.  Good to go on for tomorrow!  Found out that today was 90F with 63% humidity.

June 10th

G really wanted to do Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekend.  There were massive amounts of people in the park but luckily they were there to see the Star Wars things and not so much the rides so the lines were pretty fast moving.


We did the Great Movie Ride first.  It was fun with the different movies in it.  Our "guide" got out and was "blown up" in a gun fight.  We got "hijacked" by another guide who got turned into a skeleton and our other guide returned.  It was fun.

On our way we saw a few places that had these scenes painted on giant walls that looked as if the park was bigger and went on further than it did.  Very well done.


The studio backlot tour was great.  The line wound through a storage area with lots of props.  It was fun to guess which movie it came from.

See, topiaries all over...


We liked the giant mickey ears on the water tower.


Can you tell me what movie this is from?


We went to the Lights, Motors, Action show.  That was fun to see all the amazing drivers that could stunt drive so well.

Honey I Shrunk The Kids were some of the funniest movies we have watched, so when we found the set that had the play area, the boys were super excited!



It was great to take a break and play for a bit.

Muppet Vision 3D was so cool.


I LOVED the set.  You walked into the theater that is from the classic show.  I loved the real life and 3D blend.  The Old Guys were up in a balcony interacting with the screen, later in the show one of the characters came out of a side door and chatted with us.  Still an amazing 3D experience.  I was loving the really awesome effects they had.


Indiana Jones was the last show we took in.  It was a great "review" of the show and the stunts were well done.

We went back to the hotel and went to the pool in the French Quarter.  It was fun but not spectacular.  It was nice to cool off after the day though, 90F today with 80% humidity.  It was getting pretty hot.

We ate at our restaurant at our hotel called "Boatworks".  It was delish southern cooking.  The waiter was amazing, he was the first one we have had that actually deserved the tip we gave him. 


Two more days left...
Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ding ding ding! "Flight of the Navigator"! Loved that movie growing up! :)

Lynn said...

Ouch! Your arms and blisters on your feet sound SO uncomfortable. Glad you were finally able to get some relief. Not sure what I would of done. I can't handle heat at all.

I think it's so neat all the little details you noticed and took note of. The mickey ears to the misspelled signs. ; D