Thursday, December 9, 2010

Buttons, Collections, and Gingerbread Men


Please tell me I am not alone in my collection.  I have a large pickle jar of buttons.  You know the size right?  The HUGE jars that LOTS of pickles come in?!


Today we sorted buttons. 

I love buttons...the shapes and sizes and colors and textures...

Did I mention I love buttons?! 

I get really excited to find a new bag of assorted buttons...or get some really cool ones from friends (like that HUGE white one above)  Buttons are really great!

I had to part with some of my buttons today though because we made a variation of these:


Found here via here
Ours were made of paper because I didn't want to do the work of sewing them, and buying supplies.


I think that they did pretty good.  I didn't help at all except to thread the buttons.  Super easy and cute craft to keep the boys busy this afternoon.  Maybe I will do real gingerbread....

Please feel free to share your collections with me...I will not judge, so far you have seen 2 of my pickle jars...the jellybellies (here) and now my buttons.  :)

Cheers

3 comments:

Cassi :) said...

I want a big jar of buttons!! Wal-Mart has some big plaid ones that I've been eyeing. :)

Jocelyn said...

I have a aunt who passed away 5 years ago. We all knew she had a LOT of buttons. over 7 apple boxes of them. No jokes! It would be heaven for you. I inherited some of them.

Jenn said...

I love the gingerbreadmen decorations! I especially love how they are half eaten.

I've been cutting out "Christmas" shapes from felt this week for the girls to decorate to give away. I have a lot of brown felt leftover from the packet I bought. Now I have something to use it for. Thanks!