Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Baking

Last night we had a Christmas party and I was to bring dessert.  I love cranberries.  Christmas is cranberry flavored things in my mind.  :)  So, I made this little recipe by putting a few different recipes together...and it really does taste better than it looks. 


Cranberry Pie Squares

1 C Butter or Margarine
1/2 C Brown Sugar
21/2 C Flour

Mix and pat into a large cookie sheet (and of course I used my stone).  Bake at 350 F for 15 min.

Filling:
1/2 C Butter or Margarine (melt)
2 C Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Flour
3 Eggs
4 Tbsp Milk
2 Tbsp Vanilla
1 pkg of Cranberries (3 C)
1 tsp Cinnamon

Mix and spread on crust.  Bake at 350 F for 25 min. 
After cooled you can drizzle chocolate on top for a fancier square, these are sweet, but tart.  It was the perfect pairing (my opinion) of yummy filling with cranberries.  I ate LOTS to test it before we took them.  :)

Cheers

3 comments:

Cassi :) said...

You HAVE to taste test it! That's your duty!! :) And one I take very seriously. haha! (My new fave with cranberries is putting them in a crock pot with chicken - it makes the chicken sweet & juicy - so good with some salt, eat plain or over potatoes)

shauna said...

Yum! I bought cranberries this week and I think I know what I am going to use them for now!

Lynn said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe!