Saturday, October 30, 2010

Scary

On Thursday my dh had a hernia repair (just like last years...) and is still in bed.  (Sort of)


 Today was a bit boring for the boys so at 5pm dh had an idea. "You guys really should go and support the primary and do the Trunk Or Treat. Its not as if you don't have any candy."

So off we went. 

Oh ya, we didn't have costumes or anything planned because I am a halloween scrooge.  So in half an hour, look what we came up with....


Albert was thrilled to have found some hair dye.  He always felt that his white hair needed a bit of "ooomph"!


The pirates tried to attack us...but our lookout was on guard and we spotted them way off.


Happy couldn't make it so he sent his brother grumpy.  He got lots of candy and smiled once! 

The ref was on hand to make sure that there was no funny business going on.

Even a halloween scrooge can make allowances for her dh and kids when they are really board.  (or just want a little peace and quiet so that he can get a nap!)

Cheers

6 comments:

Lynn said...

HA HA! The costumes are GENIUS!!! Great last minute ideas. No one would have ever known they weren't planned for weeks.

P.S. Where ever did you get such a LARGE whistle???

Oh.......and that first picture tells the painful story for sure. I am still saying OUCH!!!! Poor guy. Good thing my little guy was only 6 or 8 months old when he had both his surgeries at the same time. Memory of it all gone. Ouch.

Mindy Halladay said...

HA HA! I love it that the "scrooge" took her kids to the trunk or treat! YOU are awesome (and so were the costumes). Missed yah Friday. We will have to get together some time!

Jocelyn said...

It was good to see you and your kids there! Hope P heals quickly! I feel for him with those staples. I feel queezy looking at them and count my many blessings I have never had any. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

GoldieGirl said...

k Eww on the staples pic!! I seriously shuddered haha. your kids looked great last night!

Cassi :) said...

Hope your hubby heals quickly! Great costumes, sounds like a perfect excuse for a nap!!

Amy said...

Hope the boys had fun and got a tonne of loot!
I have fond memories of trick or treating at your house and the kids getting healthier fruit snacks. :)