Monday, August 19, 2013

Burn Paste

I have been having fun with herbs.  :)

Picking herbs and drying them.  

Making things with them.

The other day I thought I would try another herbal remedy for my stash.

Burn paste.

It was so simple I almost hate to tell you about it!


All you need:
Comfrey
Raw Honey (mine was not raw as I ran out, but use it if you can)
Wheat Germ Oil
Blender

Use equal amounts of honey and oil.  Blend until emulsified.

Add comfrey until a paste is formed.



It will stand up on your spatula.


Place into bags, label, and store in the freezer.

If you get a burn (who am I kidding, WHEN I get a burn) remove a chunk - it does not freeze solid - place on your burn and wrap with a burdock leaf.  If you don't have burdock please come get some from me!! you can just use gauze, but the leaf will keep your skin from peeling with your gauze when you remove it.  Wrap the burdock in gauze.  Replace your paste as needed to heal your burn.

This will help heal without a scar. (or minimize your scar) It will also minimize or take away the pain entirely.  Bonus!

Cheers

1 comment:

Cassi :) said...

Definitely need to have herbs growing around me - gotta get outta the city!!