So I had a strange conversation with myself the other day...
Suffice it to say, I have discovered that I am still a city girl, playing at the farm girl role. I really like playing though, so you get to hear about my adventures this week!
My Muscovy duck hatched out some babies last night!
She was really unimpressed that this city girl kept looking in on her though and attacked me a couple times.
Her babies are adorable (as most ducklings are!) but her beak is super sharp! This was the best photo I could get so far as she kept biting me and my phone as I tried to at least snap something I could text to my peeps.
I learned that DH is so much more patient than I am.
He kept at the bottle feeding thing with our poor baby goat long after I gave up.
Turns out that the shots the vet had me giving her (yes, I actually was not only giving my goats shots...I was doing it myself!! Yay city girl!) were actually making her worse. So, we stopped them and she blossomed!
She is a beautiful little goat now. Getting along as if she never were struggling at all.
Her and her brother are playing, jumping, running like little maniacs. It is a wonderful sight to see! I love it.
We went to a friend's house the other day to dig some trees (she often asks us to come dig suckers and whatnot. It is awesome!) and she had bought a new peach tree.
I am waiting to see if she can make it grow because if it does...Jaime's gonna get one! It looks awesome. If you are in a cold climate (zone 4 or so) check it out here, you might want to invest in one too.
Also, when I went out to collect eggs from our very old chickens (they are almost 4 years old) I found this:
Yup, you see that right. It is a super tiny egg. About the size of a large marble actually.
Old hens don't lay stuff like that!
I went out to chat with them and they didn't lay anymore though.
We cracked it open. I was sure it would be all white, or maybe empty, but it was complete with a tiny yolk and white. It was pretty fun to see. Much like this video only in reverse...quite a bit! (and another...appears his hen didn't listen when he told her to stop! :D)
Hope your week is awesome and full of adventure!
Cheers






3 comments:
Your duckling is adorable! And I am so happy to hear your little girl goat is doing well!!! You are doing pretty good for a city girl. :) You need to come to SC some time and have a peach that is as big as a softball and so juicy it drips down to your elbow...Heavenly!
How cute!! C said to me that G mentioned having goats and ducks and chickens, etc. She said they are really doing it, they have a real farm! I said, I know, isn't that cool?! She said, Yeah! We need goats! Haha! Love those videos! I've gotten a few huge eggs from the farm here but they were just filled with 2-3 yolks. Those eggs he had were crazy!!
This city girl is excited to come see you you country girl!
Post a Comment