*UPDATE TO ADD*
This post was written before the event happened in Connecticut. I hope that you will forgive me as I mean no disrespect to those who were so tragically affected. Guns are a way of life in my home, so I hope you will see that I mean no harm in this post.
*****
We have moved pretty close to my baby brother and are starting a preparedness day together. We get together once a month and make something that is related to preparedness, then we eat. Seems pretty darn perfect to me!
The other day, he sent me this video as a project to possibly do.
Of course after watching it, we really wanted to try them out.
Slugs cost a little over $15 for 5 of them. Pretty much any kind of shot costs $20 for 40...seems like if you can make slugs for that cheap, why not right?
(plus how clean that guys gun is...really enticing!)
Anyway, we made a few of the up, (DH made a box, my baby brother made just over 270 of them!) and are going to try them when the road is passable down to the range.
We are excited to have a new way to "make" slugs. You can hunt with slugs you know...
Anyway, I know that not all of you use guns as a method of gathering your food storage, but I thought I would tell those of you who do, about this...as it saves some $$$.
Also, those of you who live in Canada (and those who have a passport and are close) there is this amazing camp for women to learn skills for the outdoors. It can be 2 to 5 days long and is put on by AHEIA. This is a link to last years events. Every year it is similar in the dates, classes offered, and price. If this is something you are interested in, and want me to tell you when the new schedule comes out (they are emailing and calling me because I have quite a group so far) please let me know. I would LOVE to meet up with any of you! This looks like a pretty awesome camp to take part in.
Cheers
1 comment:
Guns and food storage. Gotta be Utah!
www.bensopinion.com
Post a Comment