Last week I have my nephew here, and in the process learned that to a 13 year old that didn't grow up in my house...we eat weird!! It was an interesting discovery for me.
I assumed we were totally normal......just kidding!
In honor of being weird, and eclectic in my tastes, here is a totally random list of things that caught my fancy this week.
Maybe I should warn you that I love food. Didn't know that yet?! I pin many a recipe and eat most of them. I will admit that I do have a couple I haven't tried yet, but they are few. So for the first few links, they are food.
- Any kind of tostada makes me happy. This one looks amazing! Mexican food is totally yummy and we do eat lots of it around here.
- Tex-Mex? Again, we love it! Add in Quinoa and I am totally a happy camper! Plus, the recipe is from Macheesmo, and if you haven't been to his blog yet, check out this recipe and stick around for a bit.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. At least I have heard that before. So, that gives me excuse to eat it more than once a day! We have eaten breakfast for dinner more than once and things like this are so yummy you have to have them for more than just breakfast!
- And if you are spending time in the kitchen, it is so much fun to have a child or two in there with you. The photo above is of the Raspberries that my son and his cousin picked last week. Look different? That's because he made jam out of all of them. All by himself. This post goes right along with that, it is about creating confident kids, in and out of the kitchen. It was a wonderful read.
- I am going to see if I can get my DH to make me one of these for the winter coming up. Winter comes early here in Canada so he better hurry. :)
- For school this year, we are going to do this unit study. The boys are pretty excited because I missed the boat on one they wanted to take this summer. Sometimes summer can get expensive so we didn't do the online one they wanted.
- And last but not least, canning season is here. This is something I am going to make soon.
Cheers

2 comments:
Awesome links. Thanks.
I am curious to see what your husband will be making. ; ) However, the link goes to the article about the confident kids. Which I am sure he had a hand in creating already. ; D Can you link up again? Thanks!
I pinned the first 3 recipes! They all look SO good!
Post a Comment