My post is a how-to on how to make your own bubble blowers out of straws. My sister gave me the idea which was super fun and literally took minutes to prepare. I started with some straws that I had around the house and a little bit of scotch tape.
Next I just stuffed one end of a straw into the end of another straw and just taped the seam. I made them three long cause two is just boring and four seemed a little excessive and bent around too much.I definitely enjoyed this
Then we all ventured outside. As you can tell from my pathetic pictures it was really tricky to get a picture of the bubbles. Especially since I'm the only one that can blow bubbles and I was the one taking the pictures.
The bubbles worked really well though and it was fun for everyone involved. Here are just a couple more pictures I had to include just cause my kids are cute :-)
I always enjoy doing activities with bubbles, so this was super fun! Besides, it is really hard for kids to make a big mess with bubbles. This is definitely something I would do again.
Seonaid doesn't blog often, and her blog is a work blog, so I am not linking. BUT if you leave comments on here for her I will make sure she gets them!
Cheers






2 comments:
Seonaid - Good call on the pictures - your kids are very cute!
Great idea on the bubbles. I hate the bubble wands that come in the little bottles. My kids (especially when they were that little) couldn't hold onto the wand (and I was always fishing it out of the bottle) and I can't tell you how many times they "kissed" the wand instead of blowing through it. (Blech!) At least with a 3 straw stick it would have taken a bit of work to get the bubble solution in their mouths! I think even now that they are older they will enjoy a long bubble straw. I can just see the wars that will go on as they try and knock the straws out of each other's mouths before the bubbles start coming out.
That's cool we did something like that once.(:
Post a Comment