Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Thoughts

It's Easter.

Here are a couple of my thoughts.  Videos speak to me:



One of my favorite hymns say it better than I ever could:

Behold the Great Redeemer Die (Hymn #191)

Behold the Great Redeemer die, 
A broken law to satisfy.
He dies a sacrifice for sin,
He dies a sacrifice for sin,
That man may live and glory win.

While guilty men his pains deride,
They pierce his hands and feet and side.
And with insulting scoffs and scorns,
And with insulting scoffs and scorns,
They crown his head with plaited thorns.

Although in agony he hung,
No murmuring words escaped his tongue.
His high commission to fulfill,
His high commission to fulfill,
He magnified his fathers will.

Father from me remove this cup,
Yet if thou wilt I'll drink it up.
I've done the work thou gavest me,
I've done the work thou gavest me,
Receive my spirit unto thee.

He died and at the awful sight,
The sun in shame withdrew it's light!
Earth trembled, and all nature sighed,
Earth trembled, and all nature sighed,
In dread response, "A God has died!"

He lives--He lives. We humbly now,
Around these sacred symbols bow,
And seek, as Saints of Latter Days,
And seek, as Saints of Latter Days,
To do his will and live his praise.

What a beautiful blessing to have a Savior who willingly died for us. 
I know He lives.
I know He died for me.
I know He is my elder brother and He loves me.
What a beautiful blessing this is.
 Have a wonderful Easter season.

Cheers

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love that hymn . . . and the video too!
Happy Easter! :)