I am a sucker for a good recipe book. Seriously.
I struggle with actually following a recipe because I just like winging it. (and the food usually tastes better when I do, not bragging, just stating a fact)
When I found this book in my public library I thought it looked interesting.
How fun would that be?
I love soup.
I am also on the look out for recipes that don't use the oven or stove because this year we are without AC in our rental...gotta keep it cool here. (and BBQ's are meat based usually...we don't really eat meat anymore...see the dilemma?!)
I paged through this book though and let me tell you, it is AMAZING! We have enjoyed a couple of the recipes from the book so far, and I hope to buy it soon. It is that good.
Amazon has it if you want to buy it too.
Here are a couple names of my favorite looking soups:
Avgolemono (page 15) a rice, chicken, lemon soup
Tortellini & Escarole Soup (pg. 27)
Parmesan Straciatella with Kale (pg 48)
Miso Soup with Shrimp and Pea Shoots (pg. 69)
Artichoke & Quinoa Soup with Green Garlic (pg 90)
Kielbasa & Sauerkraut Soup (pg 102)
Pea & Mint Puree with Lemon (pg 111)
Spinach & Virmicelli Soup with Fried Egg (pg. 126)
Roasted Red Pepper Puree with Spicy Corn Salsa (pg 141)
Watermellon Gazpacho with Goat Cheese Croutes (pg. 178)
Pork Pho (pg. 198)
Pastina & Kale Soup with Andouille (pg. 213)
Sweet Potato - Corn Chowder with Avocado (pg. 237)
White Bean & Ham Soup with Cornbread Croutons (pg. 261)
Broccoli Soup with Parmesan - Lemon Frico (pg. 291)
And so many more.
I could seriously eat almost every single soup in it! So yummy.
As I was looking on Amazon, I found this book too...
I think I must have them both!
Cheers
...just FYI, I found them on iBooks for $14.99 each. I couldn't find them on Kindle, but if you have some kind of "i" thing, you can get them cheap!


3 comments:
Mmmmm...sounds good to ME! My hubby isn't as fond of soup and the kids turn up their noses at most soup, but it might be worth looking into...
Oooo, I've hinted for soup and/or cheese recipe books at Christmas but clearly have not done a very good job! I will definitely look these up!
Oh my goodness, Soups! I love them. I started making them despite protests. They look amazing!
Post a Comment