Did you know Valentines was coming up?
Ha ha
We don't actually DO Valentines, because we are grinch-y that way. But the season of love and service pervades around here. We do focus more on the love aspect of the month, but hopefully we carry that throughout our whole year as well.
That being said, we do some valentines themed things around here just because sometimes. (I'm nothing if not flexible!)
Here are a couple things that have struck my fancy (and are going on the "To Do" list) this week.
1. These little hearts are made from wax paper that have ironed bits of paper in them. Sewn around with your sewing machine and hung from a string, what a beautiful garland.
2. Sugar cookies decorated so pretty, sign me up! These are beautiful, and are sort of simple (ish) for a person who has a bit of decorating experience. Wouldn't it be fun to surprise your kids with them?!
3. I pretty much fell in love with churro's in Mexico. That lovely doughnut like treat, super worth the frying if you ask me! These are Raspberry Churro's with White Chocolate Sauce...the only thing that would make these more divine would be dark chocolate!
4. Hair stuff seems to be always eye catching to me. Do you think my boys would wear them for me??! No probably not. Good thing I am a girl. What girl wouldn't love some simple little heart barrettes, or attached to a head band?!
5. Salt Dough is so easy to use and play with. These little salt dough hearts are so cute. They would be fun to leave on pillows, or give away for valentines, or tuck in a lunch box or pocket...the possibilities are endless.
However you celebrate (or don't) these would be fun to do. How do you spend your valentines? Do you do anything special to mark the day? What sort of things are your favorite craft/food/celebration of this day of love?
Cheers





3 comments:
Ha ha! I'm grinchy about it too! But those are some cute ideas. I'll have to get ambitious and do something fun with my kids- especially since my husband will be gone all week. We'll need something to cheer us up!
loved the links.
I don't do Vday either. Glad to know I am NOT alone! I love your links.
Post a Comment