Monday, February 13, 2012

Companion Planting

When you plant a garden, certain things will help others to grow. 

If you plant something with another and they don't really get along, then they will not be big and beautiful.  If they do like each other, they will be healthier and more productive.

Planning your garden is so very important.

I thought I would write you out a nice list...but as I searched the Internet, I found it has been done over and over so I thought I would just point you in the direction of two great resources instead.

no matter what though...when it is cupcakes, they all are happy together!

That way you can find what YOU need.

Download the chart Here
This chart is so comprehensive.  I have a copy laminated right in my seed box.  It is really amazing.  It tells you about which plants to plant beside each other (with a smiley) and which ones not to (with an X).  Wonderful chart.

This link will tell you really, really basic information if the above chart is a bit overwhelming.  If all you want is a few basic plants, click on the link.

If you are really "gung ho" and want a few more ideas of things to plant and ideas for your garden (and this little mini series is going to slow for you) please check out my pintrest board for gardening.  I have TONNES of things pinned that will take you from where you are at no matter what level you are at.  Things for the beginner or the advanced gardener. 

Cheers

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh those cupcakes, the look so good! Thanks for posting a link. I need to get my garden planted, hopefully with raised beds this year!

Holly said...

Thanks for the links and the stuff you've pinned. I wish I could get more excited about gardening like you! ( :