Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Twisted Sister

Because I am still packing, and trying to move my house, I thought it might be fun to run a few of my older favorites.

(for your information, we are just moving to a smaller rental around the corner...not my farm yet...but we will be on our way hopefully next year)

A few years ago when I started this blog, I wrote a story that I would like to share with you, it is a little edited because I find that I am not the same writer I was before.  (I like to think I have grown!)  So here it is a little edited, but still the same story: 

When I was just a seed, I was just like my sister.

She and I were the same.

We came from the same two parents, and had the same life in the beginning.  As time went on, she and I were planted.

I was planted in soil that was a bit rocky, a little dry, and just a little on the lacking side. My sister was planted in the really nice soil. 

We both grew and tried to be the best we could. Both of us were really pretty.

My sister had a lovely caretaker. This caretaker loved her and wanted her to grow. He pruned her, he fertilized her, he kept all the bugs off her...generally kept a really nice garden.

Myself on the other hand, was forgotten. I tried to grow straight and tall like my sister, I tried to have a beautiful growth habit, but I got a bit twisted.  I didn't have someone pruning me, fertilizing me or taking care of me. 

One day, I was looking at my sister and was feeling really sad. I thought she was so pretty and I was not. I was so depressed because her caretaker really loved her and I didn't even HAVE a caretaker! I really hated being so much different than my sister, but what could I do?

All of a sudden a light came and warmed me.

What was this?

I felt the sun and realized deep inside me that I was a beautiful tree!

I grew up with leaves that were so red and beautiful.

I had wonderful moss that was gracing my trunk.

I could reach the warm, warm sun and it could give me light.

I had done all this in less than optimum conditions.

I was a good tree.

I gave shade and people loved to look at me. 

I was a wonderful addition to the garden.

I grew this way.

I grew up like this even though I didn't have the same optimum conditions that my sister had, but we were still both beautiful trees. I was blessed. I thank the Sun for showing me that I AM a wonderful tree, even though I am NOT the same as my sister. I am still a beautiful tree.

Cheers

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love it! What a great story. The twisted tree with moss is so much prettier-especially when you think she was forgotten-but not by the Sun. :)