Monday, October 24, 2011

A Little Tip...

This past few weeks my cold decided it really wanted to be a wicked cough. 

It was so gross that I was getting possibly (if we really were optomistic) 2 hours of total sleep a night.

Then I was talking to my Mom (she quite possibly knows everything) and she mentioned that my brother swore that Vicks on the bottom of your feet helped with cough.


I don't find that Vicks helps me when I put it on my chest, but I like the smell of it (I am wierd like that) so I thought I would give it a try...

...IT WORKS!

Wierd but true, Vicks rubbed on the bottom of your feet makes you stop coughing at night. 

And as an added bonus, you can sleep!

I have tried it on my son as well, and it works with him...so I think it is not a fluke just for me.  I am adding this to my permanant storage list. 

Cheers

4 comments:

SHalsted said...

So true! Weird, but great! Good ol mom with her weird tricks that work!

Lynn said...

Nope. No fluke. This is a trick that my family does all the time as well. We have lot's of Vicks in our emergency supplies. ; )

Hope you get more sleep and are feeling MUCH better soon.

Jocelyn said...

TOTALLY WORKS! Thank-you for the tip the other day!

Unknown said...

I'd heard this before--I'm getting some for the winter cold season! Now the question is WHY?!