I have had a chance to think about some things over the last few weeks. Then I went for a day of photo shootin on Saturday.
I saw this spider, he was just chowing down on this fly (flying ant?). It made me think about some things in my life.
Spiders will eat pretty much anything that manages to get stuck in their web...but it has to be a bug of some sort. They will not eat grass or leaves or anything that is not a bug. (been there, tried it)
It soon led me to thinking about us.
Not to what we eat, but how we spend our time.
This past Saturday we had three things all on the same time as the RS broadcast. Three things to choose from. All three very worthwhile. One was a baptism (don't ask me why it was at the same time...), one a chance to spend some very much needed time with a brand new school district and our family, one a chance for me to go to the RS broadcast. Three very worthwhile things that only happened at that time on Saturday.
How to choose?
How do we choose what is the best way to spend our time?
Do we have a chance to sit and just flip on the TV? Or do we read our scriptures?
Do we teach our children out of the best books? Or do we just pick the most popular literature and choose that?
Do we listen to the radio? Or selectivly choose what we listen to?
When our children are "bored" do we let them watch TV/play viedo games/veg in front of some other mindless entertainment the whole time? Or do our kids know how to have fun without electronics?
Are our children well versed in the gosple?
Are we as a family ready to stand and choose the Lord's way? Or do we like the things of the world a little too much?
All this from a simple little spider eating his lunch.
What do we devour?
(please sound off in the comments, I would love to hear from you)
Cheers
5 comments:
I totally hear ya on that one!
We had our City wide Food Drive, Stake leadership, plus RS Dinner and broadcast and a baptism too all on the same day and running into each other....on Saturday. Yikes! Hard to keep up! Especially when I also had 4 hours of studying for a Seminary lesson to get done too. ; D
interesting and important thoughts...
I have been thinking about this a lot, especially as I've begun to read Daughters in My Kingdom. I don't know sometimes if I'm doing the better thing at any one particular moment ... I wonder sometimes if that's the challenge for women in the world we live in now.
If you answer yes to some of the more lazy sounding past times does that make me a bad person... :) I have a lot to work on.
Isn't it funny the things that pop into your head when you are just taking time to look at the world around you? This is a great, thought provoking quote. If you ever decide to write a book about how to be just like you I will be the first to buy it I swear!!! :)You really should write a book...
Been thinking about this very thing lately - what's important? what really matters?
Post a Comment