Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Birthday #1

With two boys sharing a birthday, it is tricky to make each one special.

This year with K turning 12, we are celebrating his birthday on Sunday when all the extended family comes for his priesthood ordination.  M gets his "real" birthday today.  :)

Each birthday person in my family gets a cake made by me as their special "Mom present".  The boys especially love to pour over my books choosing the cake that they want that year.

M chose a "bowl of popcorn" in his favorite color green. 


I was excited that he picked such an easy cake because it went together really fast (it only took me about an hour...)  I probably could have done it in a longer time making it smoother and taking the time to attach things to it better, but we are chowing down on it tonight and I didn't!  :)

Cheers

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday M!

I love the cake, looks fantastic!

Lynn said...

That is SO cool!! What kind of cake is it? I mean....what flavour?

Unknown said...

That is soooo cool! I'm a total bust at cakes .... Winnie the Pooh cake looked well .... scary. And hubs said my princess cake looked like something for a scary bachelor party.

Oh well ... the kids are ok with them. I just can't try to do it when I'm actually serving it to non-family members ;)

Carrie said...

That cake is amazing! You are seriously multi-talented.