If you said "ME!" and your name is Grandma, you were right! Mom, don't email your info to me, I can just bring it over! :)
On a total side note, my Mom (who has read my blog right from the start) actually commented on that post! She has NEVER commented as a post comment before so it was quite exciting that Random.Org actually generated HER number!
And because I am feeling generous I am sending two out, because I want to...so the other winner is Tristan. Lucky number 1! (who also incidentally entered with her first comment ever as well!) Tristan email me your address and I will send out this right away. (kgm3boysATgmailDOTcom)
Today we have my oldest son guesting again. Isn't it lovely when your mom makes you do things?! :) So here he is:
Three kids go into their attic to look for a watch that an old man that lives with them lost in the attic long ago. While they are in there, they meet strange creatures that inhabit a strange new world that the kids have never seen. While they are there they get split up and have to try to rescue each other. While they are there they also make some friends. The best part of the book was when Alex helps protect a board-combers ( a board comber is someone that collects things ) secret place were she keeps her stuff. There's a battle against the organist and he was just angry at the board-comber for living on his land ( which it really isn't ) and so in the end they send the organist and his armies running. Then they find out that he ran away because he planted a bomb and he wanted to be far enough away that he didn't get hit by the bomb. They have to escape the bomb.
I think other teens/preteens would like to read this book because it's funny and adventurous. My mom was the one who recommended this book to me because she wanted to read it, but didn't have time so I decided that I'll read it for her because I like reading different things.
I borrowed this book from the public library.
I think that I would read it again because it was very adventurous and mysterious and I like that kind of books. It took me about a week to read, because the chapters were big and there were lots of pages. I think ages 11 to 15ish would enjoy this book because I was 11 when I read it. I think boys and girls would enjoy this because there is a girl that is in the story that goes up in the attic ( she is one of the three kids that go up ) and she is very funny.
K.C. is an almost 12 year old boy who loves to read. Almost above all else! He just finished grade 6 and is looking forward to starting grade 7 in September. He writes a private blog for school and loves to make stories up, and write lists just like his Momma!
As always if you would like to guest post, I would love to have you (young or old, whatever book you think we would love to read). Email me at kgm3boysATgmailDOTcom
Cheers
1 comment:
Great review K.C.! You made me want to read the book too. :)
Post a Comment