Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Adventures

Ok, I have all boys and love them to pieces, but my sibs keep having seriously adorable baby girls for me to love so I don't need girls!

My lovely Sister in Law just had an adorable baby girl that we had the chance to go meet this weekend.  I got to love her lots!  My brother married one amazing woman who I love to pieces, she was the perfect sister addition to my family.  He is an amazing father and it is such fun to watch the two of them be parents together.  I am a lucky girl.

When we do family things, we all pitch in a bring something.  (ususally)  So, I call and say, "Hey, anything I can bring?"  I always get dessert.  Not that I mind...really, dessert is the most important course, so I am flattered they trust me with it...but I have issues.

I can't repeat dessert. 

That is to say, if I brought something to a family thing, or even just to their house one time for dessert...I can't bring it again.

AND, I almost feel like I have to top last time.

I tell you, issues!

Well, this time there was even more pressure...my sister in law says, "bring one of your super yummy dessert thingies."  REALLY?  Super yummy?!  Pressure!

So here is one of my contributions.  (because you have to bring more than one....)

Super Easy "Snowballs"
(adapted from a taste of home recipe)

1/2 C Butter
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
4 Tbsp Cocoa
2 tsp Vanilla
2 C Nilla Wafers, crushed fine
3 1/2 C Flaked Coconut, sweetened
25 Large Marshmallows

In a medium saucepan combine the butter, milk, cocoa and vanilla.  Heat over medium heat until butter is melted.  Stir in Nilla crumbs and 1 1/2 C Coconut.  Stir well and let sit until cool.  (I put mine in the fridge for a bit)

Take a heaping Tbsp of the mixture and quickly shape around each marshmallow.  Completely cover and roll in the remaining coconut. 

Place on cookie sheet (line with wax paper) and refridgerate until serving.  You can also freeze these  (I kept them in my van overnight!) 

Super easy, but Oh so DEEEE-VINE!

Cheers

OH, just a minute...we sold our house!  Horray!  It was final on friday, and we have to be out on the 18th of this month!  :)  We need to scramble to find a rental till we find our land we want to buy...but we are so thankful we finally sold it.  What a blessing. (plus I got a post coming up that details why I am thrilled it is right away that we move...seems like I am being sarcastic, but I totally am not)

9 comments:

shauna said...

Ok...the snowballs look delish! I don't even dare try them until I have somewhere to take them. I get you on the can't bring anything twice thing too.

Also...yay on the house! Good luck finding the land and getting everything organized to move.

Connie said...

COngras on the house sale. So excited for you!!!

Montserrat said...

Hooray on the house! I hope you are able to find something before summer so you can enjoy the land!

GoldieGirl said...

Those things look awesome! ..how bout you just make me some instead? I will sew you something in return?!...annnd this is why I wil lnever be able to get rid of this baby weight... COngrats on the new niece!..your boys are seriously outnumbered. And super congrats on the house sale! I know how exciting that is.

KC said...

yes she is an adorable baby.

Cassi :) said...

yay!! wow, the 18th? that's fast - but cool! :)

Davilyn said...

Awesome on the house sale. Let me know when I can help with packing or cleaning or whatever! And the move and all that jazz. The kids did great at math day today. I love to watch their brains just whizzing away, it is really cool!

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations on the house sale! Booo for us though.

And those snowballs look amazing!

Carrie said...

Those snowballs look and sound soooo yummy! Congrats on selling your house. It is always an adventure selling a home with little ones!