Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin

One of my very favorite things about fall is the abundance of pumpkins.  (and pumpkin recipes out there)

Seriously.  Pumpkins are one of the yummiest things ever.  (except for in pie, then I prefer squash...)

On of my dh cousins told me I could have the "garbage" pumpkins that the farm couldn't use.  So we went out and got 6 large ones (there were literally hundreds left).  There had been a rather large freeze so I had to be really careful about picking good ones.  I had to chuck one because it rotted, but the rest have been keeping me busy.  Bagging, canning, grating, and now I must roast the seeds.

Today I really wanted to use some grated pumpkin so I took a few recipes and put them altogether for these yummy little treats. 

Lets call them...

Pumpkin Fritters

21/2 C Flour
1/2 C Powdered Milk
1/2 C Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves

Mix all together in a medium bowl.  Add:

2 Eggs
11/2 C Water
3 C Peeled, Shredded Raw Pumpkin

Mix well and fry in hot oil until brown on both sides. 
We loved these with maple syrup!  You could also toss in sugar or dust with powdered sugar.

Enjoy

What is your favorite Pumpkin recipe?  Share in the comments, email me, or post on your own blog.  I will do a big link up or post all of the recipes in the next two days (so do it by Tuesday if you want to share... and let me know)

Cheers

3 comments:

Lynn said...

http://bassettsbull.blogspot.com/2010/10/must-try.html

http://dutchovenmadness.blogspot.com/2010/10/day-298-pumpkin-stew.html

http://tastethejoy.blogspot.com/2010/10/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-cinnamon.html

http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2010/10/pumpkin-belgian-waffles.html

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2010/11/this-weeks-cravings-blog-hop-1-pumpkin.html

http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/10/pumpkin-blondies-by-accident.html

http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/2010/10/food-storage-friday-pumpkin-granola.html

http://momidaze.blogspot.com/2010/10/spiced-pumpkin-dip.html

Just to name a few. ; D

Cassi :) said...

Yes, I have one. It's a pumpkin struesel bread - SO good. I'm making it today, so I'll take some pics and post it tomorrow. What is it about pumpkin?? I LOVE the stuff!

Cassi :) said...

Oh, I just saw that Lynn listed 'Safely Gathered In' and their pumpkin granola - I tried it and it was really good. (Eating it right now with my organic yogurt in fact! :)