Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Zoo...

Another tradition we have is to visit the Calgary Zoo.  When I was a kid we went every year.  I knew that no matter what every summer we would visit the zoo.  Now as an adult with a family of my own, we go alot (not every year) and the boys know that we will spend the night in a hotel (exciting) and walk around the zoo (all day).



There are lots of animals to see and places to take pictures.  I personally enjoy this outing and love to watch my children explore the zoo.

How about you?  Any places you just HAVE to visit every year (or quite often)?

Cheers

4 comments:

Judi said...

I can't think of just one particular place we visit each year. Although we do love the zoo too! I was spoiled in St. Louis where the zoo was free so we'd go for an hour or two and not feel like we had to stay all day! But now that we live in Indianapolis and the zoo costs we have yet to visit it! I guess we have traditional events we attend though . . . like the St. Patrick's Day parade downtown and Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. I'll have to think about this . . . :)

Cassi :) said...

Yes, we LOVE to go to The Renaissance Festival every year! :)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh man, I haven't taken my kids to the zoo at all thsi whole year! I think I will, before it gets too cold.

And I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for commenting on my post about family planning yesterday! It was awesome.

P.S. I was homeschooled growing up! Just FYI. :D

Lynn said...

We haven't been to the zoo in a LONG time!. We really need to go again sometime soon. So much has changed there.