Friday, June 18, 2010

The Prince of Persia


...a mini movie review.

OK.  I have to say that when I saw that Jake Gyllenhaal was cast as the lead I was a bit skeptical.  I really didn't see him as an "action hero" type of actor.  Don't get me wrong, The Day After Tomorrow is one of my favorite movies, and I love him in it...but really, being a warrior and fight scenes...couldn't really see it.

P and I actually went on a date (gasp)!  :)  Been a while.  We were trying to see Karate Kid (still desperately want to see that one!) but it was TOTALLY sold out and we were a bit bummed.  I really was not in the mood for A-Team so Prince of Persia it was.

I have to say.  This movie totally blew my expectations.  Jake Gyllenhaal was amazing. 

I loved this movie so much that I will probably buy it - maybe even full price.  (that is saying alot for me!)

This is even a movie I will let my boys see.

First off, there is fighting.  There is much war.  But, here is the biggie, almost no blood.  I have a thing about fighting, I am rather adverse to it, but if it must be in a movie (and a movie about a war kinda has to have it) I would like it to be relatively bloodless.  This one is. 

Second, with all the fighting most times there is language that I find offensive.  Not so with this movie.  And let me tell you, I was surprised. 

Third, there is actually a story.  Gasp.  There is.  And, the characters learn something from their mistakes.  You care about them.  They have more to them then their fighting techniques (although the climbing and jumping along walls...THAT I would love to do!).

I enjoyed this movie.  I didn't think I would, but I did.

If you are in the market for a movie for older children or just as a date (if you want one both of you will enjoy) this was a great movie for that.  (We even spent the full price to get in!!!)

Cheers

1 comment:

Amy said...

I remember playing the game on our first computer, 1989 ish. We'll have to check the movie out.