ha ha ha ha...I just had to name it that! :)
So my post (scroll 2 down) about losing weight had some really interesting responses that I want to share with you.
Apparently there are a HUGE (no pun intended!) number of resources for slimming down or getting more healthy. (What?! I am not alone??!!) :) So here are a few of the excellent places I was directed to with comments and emails.
From Goldie Girl:
I haven't tried it, but I know my sister drinks 2-3 glasses (regular sized) of water BEFORE every meal, it makes her more full before she begins so she doesn't eat more than she needs. Works for her, she keeps losing weight.
This would be great if you could actually get that much water down without having to run to the bathroom 7 times during the meal! :)
Lynn had a whole pile of info to share, and did a post on it in more depth on her blog (sorry it is private, but if you know her...as it seems she knows everyone, then go check out her story) But she also passed on this:I also have this whole foods expert that I have signed up under on-line for a while now. She is LDS and AWESOME! Have you heard of her? Anitra Kerr. She owns the site Simplylivingsmart.com (here is a link to the e-book)
She just put her new "diet" called Daniel's diet....named after Daniel in the Bible who wouldn't eat the kings meat...on her site. It's amazing! People are eating healthy....fully (never hungry ever!) and losing like crazy.
Jocelyn loves weight watchers...I used to as well, but as I mentioned I was totally starving on it. I can't eat seafood, and really hate salad, so it was not a great choice for me again. I know it works though, I did lose a whole pile of weight the first time I was on it so it may be an option for some.
Mandy had another great web site:
I found a great website that is free to use. It helps keep you accountable for what you eat and how you exercise. It is completely customizable. You can follow their meal plan or just do your own. I love it! I lost 17lbs in about 6 weeks just before I got pregnant again.Click here to check out the site.
Heather had another suggestion and web site:
The experiment I've wanted to try is sticking to the Canada food guide and see if that works? It seems pretty close to weight watchers but allows a bit more. (I have been studying the word of wisdom in the past 6 months or so now, and I think that we would feel better and be more healthy if we did the two together, great suggestion!)
My sister and I tried this for awhile too
I was thinking after reading all of your comments and email, that maybe we should do something like this last link. (because I am not alone...gasp!) I would love to head it up and do this. It would motivate me to lose weight, and reward us all for a job well done!
If this would be of ANY interest to you, leave a comment and we will maybe start one up. :) Possibly in April as a B-day present to me! :)
Cheers
3 comments:
I checked out the link and think that would be a great thing to start. If you start it I will be onboard. Thanks for the info. Email me if you get it going!!!
I love all the puns in this post, you make me laugh. I look forward to hearing how this all goes!
I like the idea. Lemme think on it a few more days. It sounds like fun though!
Post a Comment