Saturday, January 16, 2010

A few quotes...

When reading Orson Scott Card's column this week he had a great section with some pretty good quotes. Here are a few that I liked the most:

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of the pieces. – Judith Viorst
Civilization is a stream with banks. The stream is sometimes filled with blood from people killing, stealing, shouting and doing the things historians usually record, while on the banks, unnoticed, people build homes, make love, raise children, sing songs, write poetry and even whittle statues. The story of civilization is what happened on the banks. – Will Durant
When childhood dies, its corpses are called adults and they enter society, one of the politer names of hell. – Brian Aldiss
Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy. – George Carlin

Speak the truth, but leave immediately afterword. – Slovenian proverb
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, Conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. – Robert A. Heinlein

Also for those who commented on my last post, I didn't get a mental health day...I just REALLY want one! :)

I am getting impatient, my body is aching (the lovely weather playing havoc with my arthritis) and I really want a break...a girls night would be nice.

Don't get me wrong, I love being home with my boys, I love that we Home School, but even teachers get PD days and other breaks...I want one too. :)

Just me venting. I will be better soon.

Cheers

2 comments:

Mindy said...

A girls night would be nice. Maybe we can figure out a good time to get together soon.

Amy said...

Yep, everyone needs a break from the daily grind once in a while. I hope you DO get a girls' night.