Sunday, October 4, 2009

The pebble

I have been thinking about the "pebbles" in our lives.

We are trying in our family to be better prepared for the last days (in case you didn't notice my posts on it! ha ha) and in the process I have been thinking about stumbling blocks, or pebbles. Pebbles are small, seemingly insignificant things yet when you have one in your shoe, it is an extremely unpleasant experience. How can I eliminate the pebbles in my life? Or more importantly, what are our pebbles in our lives?

Here is a small, non comprehensive list...this is strictly for me, but perhaps can help you as well think about your pebbles.

- do I pray enough? Morning, noon and night? At the beginning of each day and at the end? With my family? A spouse prayer? Before scripture study? At EVERY meal?

- speaking of scripture study...do I do it every day? When I do it, is it thoughtful, meaningful, prayerful study?

- do I tell my boys (even the dh) that I love them, and mean it? Or is it just automatic? Should I change the WAY I say it and how frequently?

- is my attitude everyday one of love? By this I mean, do I discipline with love and not anger? Do I begrudgingly make the meals, clean, and do the "housewife-ly" type work, or is it with love and an attitude of joy?

- am I trying to be the best me that I can be? Can I read or take a class that will enhance me as a woman or mother?

- am I being a good daughter/sister/friend?

- am I looking for opportunities each day to serve and praying for them?

- am I looking for missionary opportunities each day and praying for them to happen?

- am I taking each day and being grateful for it? Can I find something that I am grateful in EACH day?

- am I trying to Choose The Right and Follow The Prophet and Hold to the Rod?

Just a few things to think about so that my road will be swept free of pebbles.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

well written. I really like it and a great way to be reminded of what we need to do!

Amy said...

Great list, we can all strive to be better.