So here are a few random thoughts that I have been having lately...this may get long or it may be boring for some...it is mostly for my information. :)
I bought a book called When All Hell Breaks Loose: Stuff you need for surviving urban catastrophes last night. I read about it on Orson Scott Card's review of it and thought that it would be a great book to add to my library of survival books/cookbooks. I am excited to read about some of his mostly weird advice that we would not think of usually. (like cooking mice if you have no food left)
I have been trying really hard to be ready for any eventuality. I know I can't be, but it is a noble effort. I just got a list of stuff to pack up in the eventuality that we need to leave our homes and may never return...given that we have advance warning. I went though the list today and I thought I was prepared before, this make me realize there are aspects that I didn't even think of before. (found a tent that I really want though...I feel that we need a tent for winter as well as summer and this site is AWESOME!)
I have been reading a book by Roger K Young about dreams and visions of the Last Days. VERY interesting reading. I am now on a book about the Lost 10 tribes...I am excited to get this one done as well, because it is on to a book about the Word of Wisdom. Really enjoying the reading I am.
STILL canning and drying like crazy here. I am going to pick corn tonight. Hope I can get at least 20 doz or so. (no, I am not doing it all myself...but at least a 1/4 of it!)
What do you do when you want so very badly to move out of the city, but be debt free (including your mortgage) and still sustainable even though your hubby works at home...this is what we are trying to do. But still we come back to the issue of a job...any ideas?!
We went to the temple on Saturday, it is so good to go and feel so at peace. I love to take in sessions, we haven't been able to go as much as we used to living here now so it was especially nice on Saturday! Perry and I both went praying for an answer (not knowing the other was doing it) and came out with the same answers to the same question...so cool!
We are still in the adoption process with the kids we want. I am hoping that it goes faster but it seems to drag on and on...our kids better be still available! We know that these kids are supposed to be ours and we both feel so strongly that they are supposed to be a part of our family...now if we could just get them!
I think that is it...thanks for letting me post this, it may have been boring for you...but pretty good for me. :)
Cheers
UPDATE:
OK...
Yes, you can look at profiles of the children up for adoption through the Alberta Government. The only reason we say we are interested in specific kids is through this page. We are going to apply for a sibling group that when we read their profile and watched their video...they just felt like they needed to come to us. In the Temple we were both prompted to continue on with our goal of adopting these children. Hope that this clears it up. :) We are excited and hope that our family can be complete after this! :)
4 comments:
i always enjoy reading ur posts...where are you adopting from?
You have me so curious now. You mentioned you were interested in adoption, but I had no clue there were certain kids you had in mind already. I hope it all works out the way it's meant to!
Wow! Adoption! That's awesome! My fingers are crossed for you :)
HOw many kids are you looking at adopting? Exciting!
Post a Comment