...a few thoughts and a list of things to do.
I have been mulling over and thinking about a few things this past week/two weeks.
I really want to keep up with certain things (blogging, emailing, keeping in touch with those far away and I don't see often, if at all, etc) and add more to my life (Homeschooling, and adopting a few more kids...) and really don't know where to find MORE time.
What to do? What to do?
So I was on a blog I follow and followed a link she had on hers to this blog. If you want to read her post it is well worth it and you can follow that link.
To summarize what I have taken into MY life....I am going to be taking a break from Face Book. It may be forever, it may not.
- When we were searching for a way to save money a few years ago (6) we thought that we would cut off TV and Newspaper for a few months, save that money and then turn them back on. Well, I have really enjoyed not getting them. We spend more creative time together as a family, (see this summer chart we are doing) we actually play games that we have had forever...and I actually beat Perry once in a while, we don't see all the crap that is in this world all the time. (we get our news still, just we get to pick what we read)
- Once for a RS goal setting thing we did I made a goal not to watch movies that were 14A or over. This was a personal thing. For over 8 years that was my habit until recently we rented a movie I really wanted to see that was 14A. Well, we turned it off not even 20 min into it. It was crazy, I didn't even realize how much I didn't see by not watching stuff like that for so long.
What I guess I am trying is a little experiment like the two examples above. I just want to see if I miss FB or if I have just totally become addicted to it. Why do I "friend" people I don't even remember? Why do I spend at least 5 min on FB EVERY TIME I turn on the computer? (even if I just checked it and there is only 1 new little red flagged item) What is the big deal for me?
So August and September I am going to do this instead, for me:
- There is an awesome fabric bracelet pattern I just bought from Etsy
- These little strawberries are so cute
- This necklace is kind of simple-ish looking to make a copy of somewhat...if I can find the stuff like it. :)
- Cutest skirt EVER right here...I need to make one as soon as I can figure out the measurements...anyone help me? I am quilting measurements challenged!
- Just downloaded this pattern for a cute little bag. And she has a big one I am going to buy to make later.
- Also, I want to dissect one of these STARFISH with the boys for science.
- Find some more cool stuff on this site for HS the boys
- This site is so full of fun science things that I want to do a few more.
- And finish my RAINBOW posts here. I am having such fun of taking only pictures of that color until I am done my assignment.
- I have to also get August's list posted here! I have it ready, just not posted. :)
- AND we are going to do a mini version of the 100 mile challenge. Go here to read about it. Please post if you want to do it as well in your city along with us. I am just going to blog a bit about it on my 1stpreparedness blog and maybe one or two here, but if you want to do it in your city, let me know.
We are also going to MEXICO! That is in only 8 more sleeps (maybe 9)! YES...I am so excited! (hence the exclamation marks and capitals)
So you see, I haven't the time for me to go FB-ing when I get on the computer. I am doing this until the end of Oct. If you need me, you know where to find me! Feel free to Email, Post or Call. I haven't turned my back on that! :)
Cheers
1 comment:
Flip girl! How do you have time for half the stuff you do? Seriously, you amaze me!
Post a Comment