Thursday, January 21, 2010

Books...

So on my last post my friend momma4 asked WHERE do I put all my books?!

Well, here is a sneak peek (excuse the mess)...

This is one of my book shelves. I got it from IKEA and it holds a few books (when we moved, all the books filled 7 Rubbermaid's) and it can be doubled up, it is just a deep as it is tall. (12X12X12) This is my newest book shelf specifically for all the books we are using right now in our schooling. I keep it all on here, then when we are done, it goes to the other book shelf.
I didn't take a picture of the other shelf I have just for School books...it is right with P's reno mess so I was keeping a secret of how totally messy my house is! :) But I have one more giant 5 shelf storage unit. We keep all of the school books, supplies and all the binders, etc that the boys need for our homeschool.
So, I hope that helps. :) Now you can see my mess. I de-cluttered right before we started Homeschooling, I got rid of 5 boxes of books in a garage sale and then took them to my favorite second hand store...The Post! :) So we have way less, but still way more than lots of people...and don't even get me started on the Rubbermaid in my closet full of paperbacks I have already read, the cookbooks in my kitchen and the pile right on my desk that I am reading right now...
:) Cheers

1 comment:

Lynn said...

WE are book lovers too. We have tons of book shelves in every corner of the house and cabinet it seems. We grew up that way. My parents STILL loan us lots and lots of their books too. My mom use to work for years in the Rosemary Community library board. I even have some of the old vintage books from there that they were going to throw out, but my mom rescued them. I took some and my sisters took some.

We like having our own "library" of books for the kids to choose from. They read every night before they fall asleep. Love it.

Thanks for the sneak peak into your library. : D