Monday, January 16, 2012

Seeds, Addicting Seeds...

As you may recall I mentioned that I love seed catalogues.

I also love buttons, cookbooks and seeds.

I had a conversation with my sister (it is ongoing) about my addiction the other day.  It went like this:

Me: check it out...two of the coolest basil varieties I have ever seen.  I got 5 packages of herbs today, sucker for seeds am I! (and sent this photo:)


Little Sis: Uh oh! Something else I need to make fun of you for?!  (referencing my love of buttons and cookbooks)

Me:  Seeds?  No, just be jealous I have some and you don't!  :)  The basil is super cool, it is Thai and cinnamon!  Mmmmmm.

Little Sis:  Uh OK, I will be jealous.

Me:  And of my buttons......

Little Sis:  Now you're pushing it.  Do you really order all those seed catalogues each year?  Or just some?  I have only ever heard of T&T Seeds. 

Me:  I really do.  You could too...there is no limit to how many you can have at a time.  It is like reading a good cookbook, you can never have too many!

Little Sis:  That's Insane!

Well, that's me.  Insane in the Membrane.

(ooops, used to listen to that as a youth, just looked up the words, let's just say it was a good thing I didn't know what the rap part was!)

Here is a little peek at my garden fever this year:


You can never start to early right?!

Cheers

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Are you still enjoying your indoor garden machines?

Holly said...

Wow! I've really got to get into gardening more. I just haven't had a great opportunity yet. Hopefully this will be my year!

Jocelyn said...

sweet! Is the Thai one hot? not like you would mind it but I am not a fan of it.

Nothing wrong with your addictions. There are worse!

SHalsted said...

Haha o sis, I thoroughly enjoyed this post...just thought that I should let you know that.

Carrie said...

You love you some seeds! I know that isn't proper grammar but that is the way we say it in the South when we are really serious. :) I am not jealous...but I am so happy you are so happy about it! :)

Don't feel bad about the whole insane in the membrane thing. As soon as I read it I was singing it in my head.."Insane in the membrane. Insane-Got no brain!" You are right I wouldn't listen to it know the more I think about some of the other lyrics... :)

Cassi :) said...

I know- you should totally have a field trip to help me get my garden going!! :) We are going to try the wood chips like in that video I sent you awhile back. We'll see how it goes, the soil isn't known for being rich like other places.