Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mission Impossible?

Today is a blog hop!  I love blog hops, because this is where I get to read about you!  I would just post the giveaway, and then the linky, but because I actually did this one...you get to hear from me too!

When the topic for this blog hop was suggested, I was excited but also a bit wary.  My family does not have a mission statement, and we are not really very "typical" in things.  Often we do things a bit different than everyone else.  We may have done this differently than others, but probably got to the same place as you...but, I am going to show you how we got to where we are with ours.

I LOVE brain maps.  I need to have a list, and visual lists are always wonderful. 

I had everyone make a big bubble of things that we do as a family.



Some of the bubbles include:

Work
Preparedness
Time as a Family
Outdoors

Then after we had a few bubbles that are main things that we do as a family, we added specifics.  For example:

Under the Outdoors bubble, we put things like Gardening, Hiking, Camping. 

These bubbles and specifics created this:


Simple?  Yes, but it totally describes our family.  I am going to get it done on some vinyl so that we can place it alongside our family picture.  I think this would be great in our living room. 


Join us for more at the other amazing blogs that are participating.  There are some wonderful ideas on each one.  Don't forget to scroll down and enter the giveaway too.  The "instructions" for linking are below.   

Cocoa at Chocolate on my Cranium
Jocelyn at We Talk of Christ, We Rejoice in Christ
Shannon at The Redheaded Hostess

********

Now I want to read about you.  Do you have a family mission statement?  Write a blog post telling us about it, then link it here. You don't just have to link about a mission statement though...we would love to read about any part of the Family Proclamation, so feel free to link up anything you have written on it.   Please be sure to use the link to your post not to your blog's home page. This linky will be up on all four blogs but you only have to enter your post once. It will automatically show up on the other blogs as well.  Super easy!



********

Here is today's prize...

yourgonnalovethis 01yourgonnalovethis 02yourgonnalovethis 03











We are so happy to be able to participate in this awesome celebration of The Family: A Proclamation to the World. I have a testimony of it's truthfulness. Our shop {You're Gonna Love This} is pleased to give $30 to our handstamped jewelry store. You may choose between our premade items or create a custom listing all your own. Thanks so much!
Find us on facebook @ You're Gonna Love This
Check out our blog @ www.youregonnalovethis.blogspot.com
Favorite our Etsy shop @ www.etsy.com/shop/youregonnalovethis

********




22 comments:

Heather said...

So great! Love the idea to use vinyl for it too!

Our Household said...

Thank you for sharing this. This is a great idea for families with little ones

Jocelyn said...

I love that your kids were involved and so it's not just the mom and dad deciding. love it!

Christine said...

I like the bubble brainstorming idea. Thanks for sharing

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

What a great idea :) I think I'm going to do this for FHE tonight, thanks :)

Jamie said...

A totally unique take on this idea, love it. thanks for sharing!

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

Thank you for sharing your family's statement!

SpaceyKasey said...

I love how you simplified the process for the younger kids. I am so inspired! Thank you.

Carrie said...

I love the way you did it. I like easy, to the point, and fun! Great idea. FHE is planned for the evening thanks to your amazing blog hop!

Jeni said...

I am loving all these great ideas to get a mission statement started!

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

I love the bubble idea! I'm all for whatever works!

The Boohers said...

Great! Thanks!

Wendy said...

A visual impact! I like that you want to put it on your wall. It will not only say to your family what your statement is but to those who visit your home. It will create great discussions.

Kristin said...

I love the vinyl idea! That is exactly what I want to do with ours as well!! Actually I really like everything that you did. It is simple and totally doable. Thanks!!

*Meg Larsen* said...

Hooray! Thanks for the inspiration.

Tracy said...

Really love the simplicity of this. Well done!

Cardon Times said...

Very awesome!

Danielle said...

Great ideas!

Marielle said...

Hope to write one with my kiddos.

Cassi :) said...

Love the way your brain works! ;)

McMullin's said...

I love the bubble idea. Also displaying in vinal would be awesome