Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Book Talk Tuesday - A Kiss in Time
By: Alex Flinn
Jack is on a really boring trip. His parents have sent him on a tour of Europe. He is touring all of the museums and historical sights. What he would really like to do is see the beach or go to a garden. When he sneaks away and finds a town he is kind of thrilled. The only thing is that there are a bunch of sleeping people. When he climbs the tower of the castle, he finds one of the most beautiful girls he has ever seen.
Talia has been asleep for three hundred years. When some strange boy wakes her up with a kiss, she is determined to go with him. He must be her "true love", after all, only her true loves kiss could wake her from her slumber.
I really liked this book. I have read another of her books (Beastly, in preparation for watching the movie) and was not impressed with the way she treated the way a teenage boys mind works...but this book was great. The language is clean, the fact that the book talks about love and the views are from male and female perspective, the love is treated respectfully. The most you hear about is kissing, and even that is just a kiss.
The book is written in an easy way to read, so younger children could easily read it. I would think that it would be most appropriate for grade 8 and up. The characters are ages 16 and 17, and the book deals with love so kids may have to be old enough to appreciate the discussion.
It was a really fun read. I enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. I think that girls would enjoy it much more than boys, as it is mostly a love story.
Cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun book - I'll have to look for it! I love your idea of a weekly book review ... thanks for the effort that takes!
Post a Comment