Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Book Talk Tuesday - Changeling

If you haven't entered the giveaway for Pajama Sam...it is here.


By Delia Sherman

This is a book that is pretty new to our library.  I hadn't read anything by this author so I picked it up in hopes of it being worth a read.

Neef is a changeling.  This means that when she was young she was taken from her home and a fairykind was left in her place.  Now she lives in New York Between.  She has a wonderful fairy godmother and some pretty good friends among the folk.  When Neef's curiosity unintentionally leads her to breaking a pretty big rule, she must go on a quest to save the only life she knows.  Adventure abounds as Neef learns about herself and her abilities and begins to see who she really is.

This was a great little read.  I have been reading so many series books lately it was a nice change to read a little book that actually finished when the book was done.  Neef is a very complicated little girl.  She is unsure of herself and is so curious.  It was fun to come along on the journey of self discovery with her.

There is absolutely no language or sexual stuff.  There were a few creatures she meets that are disagreeable, and the "dark" side of them is discussed, but it is not of the satanic type.  They are just not good.

I enjoyed this book.  I told my dh I would write about it here because he is so busy reading (Oh My!) that he didn't have time for this one.  He was really interested, even after me telling him about it.  :)  Neef is 12, although she doesn't know how old she really is, so I think that the book would be geared towards a younger Grade 6 to Grade 8 age. 

Cheers
As always, if you are interested in writing a book talk for me, let me know.  kgm3boysATgmailDOTcom  I would love to hear from you.

No comments: