FIRST: The winner of our giveaway celebrating my new feature of book talk tuesday...duh, duh, duh, duh....Mr Random.org says it is Jocelyn Christenson. Jocelyn if you will email me your info again, I don't keep that on file, I will send this book off to you. Now on to Book Talk:
For our very first Guest Post of Book Talk Tuesdays, I have my son KC (blog is private, if you are family and want an invite, email me) writing for us...here is his post in his own words:
For our very first Guest Post of Book Talk Tuesdays, I have my son KC (blog is private, if you are family and want an invite, email me) writing for us...here is his post in his own words:

Michael and Norman get 2 seeds in the mail one day. When they grow them the plants that grow are weird, one eats dirty socks and the other one eats clean socks. The plants get into lots of trouble.
The best part of the book series are the stories of when the plants get into trouble. Some examples of the funny parts of them getting into trouble are:
- Like when the plants squirt everyone with grape juice from a water gun and then every thing is sticky.
- Or when the plants take a picture of their vines with the parents camera, and nobody knows who took them.
- Or when the plants accidentally turn an electric dinosaur on, they try to save all the plants and run away.
One day when I was at the Library looking for books, my mom told me about this series. She used to read it when she was younger and I thought that it might be fun to try them out. I checked them out and loved them so much I have read all of them in the series. There are seven books in the series. They are called:
- The plant that ate dirty socks
- The return of the plant that ate dirty socks
- The escape of the plant that ate dirty socks
- The secret of the plant that ate dirty socks
- More adventures of the plant that ate dirty socks
- The plant that ate dirty socks goes up in space
- The plant that ate dirty socks gets a girlfriend
It took me a couple months to read the whole series. Some of that was waiting time for them to come into the library though. Each book only takes me 4 days max. (reading a couple hours each day.)
I think ages 10-14(ish) would enjoy this series. I think boys and girls would enjoy this series. There are lots of things for boys to like, and lots of things for girls as well.
KC is 11 years old and in Grade 6. He has been homeschooled for two years now and loves it. Some of his interests include reading, photography, playing on his NDS and playing the piano.
If you are between the ages of 9 and 18 and would be interested in writing a guest post for "Book Talk Tuesday" email me at kgm3boysATgmailDOTcom. I am always looking for more contributors. I would love to hear from you.
Cheers
5 comments:
KC did a great job! I'm going to pass this info onto my kids :)
Good job K! I think that those books sound interesting. I'm going to tell my nephews about them.
awesome! I'll talk to Jamyn, maybe she'd be interested in writing one.
What a great review! Awesome job!!! And I'm super excited to have won the giveaway! Thank you...I emailed you my info! Thanks again! I love this series on your blog...it's an awesome idea!
Good job. I think that Halle would like these books. I'm going to check and see if our library has them!
Post a Comment