While perusing my books of things to do for the summer, I remembered this lovely little book I picked up a few months ago...
Being a relatively inexpensive book,
I snapped it up and started to read. (sorry the pic will not rotate...)
Imagine my surprise and astonishment when I saw that these are not common place anymore:
Beautiful, shiny (well, these have been well loved, so not as much), amazing little marbles.
What?!?! They aren't played with everywhere?!
So my boys and I took a few simple pictures so that everyone can see the joy of marbles and the fun they can bring to you.
Draw a simple target, with shooting lines for every child. Pick your marbles and shoot away.
We love the joy of marbles, hope you do too.
To enjoy your own marbles, check the dollar stores...that is where we pick up our new and exciting ones like the huge one above.
Cheers
1 comment:
O I know! Marbles are hard to find these days, but still findable if one searches.
I remember my Uncle had a HUGE collection when I was a kid. We would play with his hidden collection while he was gone on his mission. I wonder what he did with it or if he even has them still.
I snatched up another HUGE collection for my kids at an estate sale a number of years ago after Dean and I were married. It reminded me of when we played with my Uncle's marbles. I have cleaned out and given much of the kids toys away over the years, but I won't give up those marbles. LOL!
Besides.......I want my grandkids to be able to have the simple pleasure of playing those games when they are old enough.
Good for you for introducing it to your kids.
Post a Comment