I get this email called the Prepare Today Newsletter (go here to subscribe if you want) and this time it was something that was really thought provoking.
I have been wondering, like the author where the talks in General Conference are about preparedness, food storage, etc are...
Well, this author has as well. She has a very thought provoking article HERE if you would like to read it.
To paraphrase it though if you don't want to go there: We are in the final stages of the "Pride Cycle". All through history the cycle has been and now we have reached the final stage. In the final stage "the Lord's anointed stop warning, and start speaking about faith, hope and charity. IT IS THE LAST STAGE IN THE CYCLE." Here is the talk referred to in the newsletter from Boyd K Packer. It was addressed to the Priesthood, but applies to us all. We truly are in the final stage of the cycle, I have been reading more about it in the Book of Mormon and it really is interesting how it just sort of falls in with our day. I have been thankful before for the timely council that our Leaders share, and now more than ever, I am thankful for the timely council we are receiving now.
I was very interested in this whole thing. I know that it is not for everyone, to think of the "Last Days"...but if you are, and you would like to read more, then this blog is a wonderful place to start. I loved this thought provoking article. Whew, two in a row of this...it may become a habit! :)
Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment