In our ward today we were challenged to follow this mock emergency. So I am outlaying it here so you know where I went to!
1. There is to be no electrical power to anything in our homes except for: Freezers, smoke alarms and safety equipment. Electrical power will resume at 6 am Tuesday the 20th.
2. There will be no water until the 20th at 6 am as well. We are living on our stored water this week until then.
3. There will be no stores until Wednesday. This means we live off our stored food until then. We are not to go out to eat or shop until then.
4. Only phones that are plugged into the wall work. This means that I can totally shut off my phone! I only have a cell, no land line to speak of! :) Cells are only to be used in an emergency.
5. All this begins effective today (Sunday) at 6pm.
If you need me...come on over! We are going to be having fun with this!
Tonight for supper we are having a fire...we are eating a soup made from dehydrated veggies and beans. Having biscuits with it cooked over the fire. And don't forget dessert...we are having cobbler in a dutch oven! YUMMY!
This week for science we are going to make solar cookers. If you want to make one as well, THIS SITE has so many cool designs. We are going cheap and easy with the sun shade one, but only because we need cheap and easy! :)
Talk to you later...I will let you know what fun we had...and if it worked!
Cheers
1 comment:
I look forward to the post after it's all over!
Post a Comment