OK...First, here is all the fruit I have to juice. The containers you can't see into are filled with chokecherries. They are my first step today.

See...aren't they
perty? These were picked before we left for Mexico, but I had 12 hours and
that's it to do them, so I froze them. They still look awesome!

ESSENTIAL for canning the lazy way! This is my steamer juicer. It is a life saver! (see the little tube hanging out...it is already full of juice. Make me smile...I don't even have to do anything to get it out!)

Look, I just fill the top (this has been steaming for a few hours so it is down quite a bit) with stems. leaves and everything, then steam away. All the work is done for me...leaving me time to blog about it! :)
Mmmm....look at how beautiful the juice is. Later, when I have more time, (WHAT?!?! Time?) I am going to turn this into syrup and jelly.

Soon, I will be done the apples this way, the cherries Mom's tree wants me to pick (except for the few I turn into pie filling), probably the raspberries that I have to pick but not the strawberries...they are totally going towards jam whole! (Whew, busy weekend)
Have a happy canning season! (I will post about corn next week!) :)
2 comments:
I could eat so well at your house, mmmm, especially knowing you love dessert as much or more than I do.
After you told me about your steamer last year, I've been keeping my eye on them on Ebay. In may I found one super cheap. I can't wait to use it on my apples when they are ripe!
Post a Comment